18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
The EOS Rebel T6 camera has an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor that captures images with outstanding clarity and tonal range, and can offer enough resolution for big enlargements or crops – your photos can be printed and framed without having to worry about reducing the image quality. This sensor is APS-C size for an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format) and features many advanced Canon technologies that maximize each pixel’s light gathering, helping to ensure images are captured beautifully and brilliantly.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor powers the EOS Rebel T6 camera’s advanced functions and capabilities. Its accelerated processing speed creates fast, responsive performance, for a shooting experience that can be smooth and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also helps enhance image quality by shortening the processing of high ISO shots by up to 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This helps reduce noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations and beautiful detail even in low light.
With a broad range of light sensitivity ratings from ISO 100–6400 (expandable to H: 12800), the EOS Rebel T6 camera is ready to go in virtually any light, capturing fine detail with ease. Thanks to this expanded ISO range, it can capture a variety of subjects in a variety of situations, including handheld, without needing a flash. This means detailed and natural-looking pictures and movies can be captured discreetly, with ease.
Built-in Wi-Fi® Technology
The EOS Rebel T6 camera offers a number of easy solutions for sharing. It’s equipped with built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity to help make wireless functions incredibly easy and convenient. Using Wi-Fi® and Canon’s free Camera Connect app, the EOS Rebel T6 can connect to a number of compatible devices – including smartphones, tablets, Wi-Fi® enabled Canon cameras, and Wi-Fi® equipped printers. You can share photos and videos between cameras, browse photos and videos, print images for friends and family, or post them to select social media sites.
Built-in NFC Technology
Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) helps provide a virtually seamless connection to numerous compatible Android™ devices**, and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device. To transfer your photos and videos, simply tap the EOS Rebel T6 camera to the Connect Station CS100 and the transfer is done! With the Connect Station CS100, you can store, view and organize all of your photos and videos from just one device.
Wireless capabilities also allow users to use their compatible smart devices* to remotely control the camera, which is useful for self-portraits and group shots or shooting from a distance as long as the camera is in wireless range. A variety of the camera’s expressive capabilities are available to you: use different shooting modes; choose AF frame modes (single-point/face detection); shoot in continuous shooting mode; and utilize the AF button. Just connect to a compatible device using the free Camera Connect app* to start capturing photos using remote shooting.
* Compatible with iOS® versions 8.4/9.3/10.2. Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
** Compatible with Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1.
Not compliant to UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) standards.
Compatible with Eye-Fi Cards.
Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used. (A card error will be displayed.)
Total pixels: Approx. 18.70 megapixels
Color Filter System
Low Pass Filter
Dust Deletion Feature
- Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Manual cleaning
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit not provided.
Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3456 x 2304)
Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2592 x 1728)
Small 2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
Small 3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
- Continuous numbering
- The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the card. (The numbering continues even when the folder changes.)
- Auto reset
- When you replace the card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
- Manual reset
- Rest the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
- User Defined 1-3
- In Basic Zone modes, Auto is set automatically.
- In Creative Zone modes, you can select and set the Picture Style.
- Default settings for [User Defined 1-3] are [Auto].
Auto White Balance
Color Temperature Compensation
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
Corrected in reference to the current WB mode’s color temperature.
Color Temperature Information Transmission
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
- AF information (AF points and focus confirmation)
- Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock, Exposure level, exposure warning)
- Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
- Image information (Highlight tone priority, Monochrome shooting, maximum burst, white balance correction, SD card information)
Depth Of Field Preview
Cross-type AF sensitive to f/5.6 with center AF point
AF Working Range
EV 0-18 (center AF point)
EV 1-18 (other AF points)
(at room temperature and ISO 100, based on Canon’s testing standards)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF
- Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically.
- Manual focus
AF Point Selection
- Manual selection
- Auto selection
- AF point selection for Basic Zone modes is fixed to Automatic selection.
Selected AF Point Display
AF Assist Beam
Center: Approx. 13.1 ft. / 4.0m
Periphery: Approx. 11.5 ft. / 3.5m
With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite’s AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
- Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
- Partial metering at the center of the viewfinder (approx. 10% of viewfinder)
- Center-weighted average metering
Exposure Control Systems
- Program AE (Shiftable)
- Shutter-priority AE
- Aperture-priority AE
- Manual exposure (including bulb)
- Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE/non-shiftable)
- Flash Off
- Creative Auto
- Night Portrait
- Auto AE lock
- In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
- Manual AE lock
- In the P, Tv, Av, and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
- Enabled in all metering modes.
X-sync at 1/200 sec.
Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
Shutter Lag Time
- During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.12 sec.
- Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.24 sec.
Flash Metering System
Flash Exposure Compensation
Flash exposure compensation for built-in flash and external Speedlite can be set with the camera.
Flash Exposure Compensation
- Single shooting
- Continuous shooting
- Max. approx. 3.0 fps
- Shutter speed 1/500 sec., Maximum aperture
- Continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the shutter speed, aperture, subject condition, brightness, lens kind, flash use, battery remaining capacity, etc.
- 10-sec. self-timer
- 2-sec. self-timer
- Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer
- 2 to 10 shots
Continuous Shooting Speed
- Grid 1:2 vertical and 2 horizontal lines
- Grid 2:5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264
* Variable (average) bit rate
Audio: Linear PCM
1920 x 1080 (30 fps/24 fps): 340 MB/min.
1280 x 720 (60 fps): 340 MB/min.
640 x 480 (30 fps): 90 MB/min.
1280 x 720 (HD): 60 fps (59.94 fps)
640 x 480 (SD): 30 fps (29.97 fps)
- Contrast AF
- Manual focus
- Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
Approx. 7.5cm diagonal (approx. 6.0cm wide, approx. 4.5cm high)
- Single image display
- Basic information
- Basic information + image quality / image file number
- Shooting information
- Histogram display
- Index display; 4 or 9 images
Movies cannot be printed.
Camera User Settings
My Menu Registration
For computer communication and PictBridge
For connection with the GPS receiver GP-E2
Video Out Terminal
Video output: (Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3 or 4 to suit the TV set.)
Extension System Terminal
Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions, including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card, please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards may not be approved in all regions, or from one region to another; please contact the card manufacturer for status of approval in the country/region of use.
The camera can be powered by an AC power supply by using the household power outlet accessories (sold separately).
Battery level indicated in one of the four levels on LCD monitor.
* [Auto power off] settable to 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min. or disable
Maintains date/time for about 3 months when fully charged
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
All data are based on Canon’s Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.
If a problem occurs with a non-Canon lens attached to the camera, consult the lens maker.
Canon, DIGIC and EOS Rebel are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are registered trademarks or trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and brand names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries.